Signed in as:
Signed in as:
The South Martin Luther King Corridor Improvement Authority (S. MLKCIA) was established to oversee the strategic economic development of the South Martin Luther King Blvd. Corridor. The S. MLK corridor is a commercial corridor that runs south on MLK Blvd. in the City of Lansing. The S. MLKCIA’s sole purpose is to generate economic development and revitalization along the commercial corridor to improve the overall community.
· Chair- Price Dobernick
· Vice Chair- Amanda Defrees
· Secretary- Nikki Soldan
· Treasurer- Teresa Stokes
· Member- Don Sober
If you are interested in serving on the board of directors please contact:
· All meetings are being held at the UA Local 333 Plumbers & Pipefitters Hall at 5405 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, Lansing, MI 48911.
· S. MLK CIA 2023 Board Meeting Schedule: 2023 S.MLK CIA Meeting Schedule
· Visit the City of Lansing’s S. MLK Blvd. CIA Webpage for meeting agendas, minutes, and annual budgets.
· The South Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard corridor is currently working with CATA and MDOT to address transportation and pedestrian safety issues.
· The S. MLK Jr. Blvd. corridor is in the process of creating a logo and website to highlight the initiatives of the corridor.
· What is a commercial corridor?
A Commercial Corridor is a major street/ passageway with primarily businesses and commercial activity that serves the surrounding community.
· What is the purpose of the South Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Corridor
Improvement Authority (S. MLK CIA)? The S. MLKCIA was established to oversee the strategic economic development of the S. MLK Blvd. Corridor. The S. MLKCIA’s sole purpose is to generate economic development and revitalization along the S. MLK Blvd. commercial corridor, in hopes of increasing the corridor’s yearly tax revenue and overall activity.
· What is the S.MLK Corridor’s Boundaries?
The S. MLK Corridor runs south along S. MLK Blvd from Bishop Rd. to Victor Ave.